Effective January 1, 2022
Collection of Information
Generally speaking, we collect or receive the following types of information when you use the Services:
· Information You Provide Directly. We collect the information you provide in your use of our Services. You may provide information directly to us in several different ways. For example, if you sign up for our mailing list you may be asked for your name, address, email, and phone number.
· Information We Collect Automatically. We collect certain information about you and your computer automatically when you use the Services. Automatically collected information may include device information, such as the type of web browser and operating system you have used to access the Services; Internet and electronic network activity information, such as your IP address; information about the time and duration of your use of the Services; and information about the content you view and the features you access on the Services, and other websites you have visited that we collect using cookies and similar technologies.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect and receive for the following general purposes:
· To provide you with the Services and information you request and with legal notices or information;
· To contact you with information, either directly or on a third party’s behalf, about our Services and our mission;
· To better understand your interests in order to provide you (and enable our partners to provide you) with promotional materials, relevant content, surveys and questionnaires, and other materials;
· To continually improve the Services and enhance your experience with the Services;
· To keep our Services, organization, users, and others safe and secure, to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and to protect or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; and
· For any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect your information, or pursuant to your consent.
Sharing of Information
We may share your information with the following entities:
· Authorized Affiliates and Partners. We may share your information with our affiliates—entities that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with, NYSN—as well as select third party partners.
· Service Providers. We may share your information with entities that provide services to us, including companies that provide web analytics, data processing, advertising, email distribution, and other services.
· Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services. There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties in order to keep our Services, organization, users, and others safe and secure; to comply with applicable laws and regulations or with legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity, whether or not legally required; and to protect or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
· Other Parties in Aggregated Form. We may also share your information with third parties in aggregated or non-personally identifiable form.
· Other Parties in Connection With a Transfer of Assets. If we make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
Third-Party Content, Advertising and Other Functionality
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Certain web browsers may offer “do-not-track” signals or similar mechanisms. Currently, we do not respond to such signals.
We have in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect the information we collect. However, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our Services, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
We do not knowingly collect or store personal information about children under the age of 13 without parental consent, unless permitted by law.
Your Rights and Choices
E-mail Marketing Communications. We may use your information to send you direct marketing and promotional materials relating to our organization or related products (including by email) on our or a third party's behalf. For example, we might send you information about upcoming events. If you do not want us to use your information in this way please unsubscribe using the method provided in the email message.
Cookie Preferences. Some browsers have options that allow the visitor to control whether the browser will accept cookies, reject cookies, or notify the visitor each time a cookie is sent. Because each web browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your web browser (typically in the “help” section). Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable Local Shared Objects and similar technologies. For example, Local Shared Objects can be controlled through the instructions on Adobe’s Setting Manager page. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the functionality of the Services may no longer be available to you and any differences in service are related to the data. Deleting cookies may in some cases cancel the opt out selection in your browser.
Questions and Contact Information